The distinct shape and size of the Gannet will usually stand out when scanning gulls and other birds out at sea. Being largely bright white in colour with black wingtips, they have a distinctive long neck and long pointed beak, a long pointed tail, and long pointed wings. This Gannet was seen flying over the reserve on a blustery day, travelling on the wind with ease, hardly beating its wings.
- Sea Lemons
- A Beautiful Day for a Beach Clean
- Gannet on the Fleet
- When your eyes are bigger than your belly!
- Red-breasted Merganser feeding at Ferrybridge (Video)
- Early Signs of Spring
- Almost three years to the day!
- Kite surfers cause major disturbance on the Fleet
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
- The shortest day of the year