The first cygnets hatched at Abbotsbury on Saturday the 8th March. The pen laid 7 eggs in total and has been incubating the eggs for 5 weeks (35 days). As the pen only begins to incubate once her entire clutch has been laid, all 7cygnets will hatch within 24 hours of each other and this little lot are already beginning to take to the water.
- Otters on the Reserve!
- Protecting our shorelines
- Interesting finds on Chesil Beach
- Another great year for the Reserve’s cygnets
- Two new bird records for the Fleet
- Strong winds bring Grey Phalaropes to the Reserve
- Seal pup on Hamm Common
- Another great year for Chesil’s Tern colonies
- Cattle Egrets
- Reserve Management