The first egg was laid on Sunday the 20th March and more and more are being laid every day! This date is a little bit later than last year but the last few Springs have been relatively warm. With the cold and stormy conditions, the swans have held off until now to start the nesting season off! The total number of nests expected each year are between 80 and 120. Regular updates of the whole reserve will be posted here with lots of pictures too!
- Otters on the Reserve!
- Protecting our shorelines
- Interesting finds on Chesil Beach
- Another great year for the Reserve’s cygnets
- Two new bird records for the Fleet
- Strong winds bring Grey Phalaropes to the Reserve
- Seal pup on Hamm Common
- Another great year for Chesil’s Tern colonies
- Cattle Egrets
- Reserve Management